Friday, November 5, 2010

Passing the torch

We went out to the nice village this morning to finish up shooting interiors and to keep going on the exterior mapping. I worked with one of the new guys to orient him to the village and the upcoming remediation. We dove into things quickly and just worked for an hour or two. Then we regrouped and went at things from the perspective of what would be most useful to him now that he had an understanding of mapping, visual cues, and the progression of taking ore to gold. He picked things up very quickly and I think he will have no problem taking on this village as his baby to the end. I will drop in if he needs me to, but I don't expect that to be necessary.
I will head out to the far village again to map exteriors out there. We put together the village map and are ready to start shooting. We just have to wait for people to become available.
We did take a little time today to stop by the market. Talk about an assault on the senses...it was amazing. It is interesting the differences between a market in a small remote village and a large weekly market in a big village. I plan to go back to the small village market tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment