Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My arm hurts...

Got my shots today. Hep A and B, Yellow Fever, Tdap, MMR, Polio, Influenza/H1N1 plus I have pills for Typhoid and will pick up a perscription for malaria. So things are still happening. Although I am still not sure of our departure date.

I may head over as soon at October 19th, but they still haven't confirmed anything. That's fine. Doesn't matter too much at this point.

The NPO has my passport and is taking care of the visas.

The next step for me is to start worrying about packing. It sounds like the best set up is to take very little and plan on washing my clothes each day. That makes a lot of sense really. I had thought about buying some new boots, but now I am thinking of just wearing what I have. No sense paying a ton of money for things that aren't really necessary.

Again I have heard that I may be helping out in a rather remote village. Not sure what that means except that facilities may be primitive. Hopefully I can at least get a pot of hot water to wash up everyday.

Future posts to this blog will become less specific from here on out. Actually, I may  end up utilizing a different website so that I can update via my Blackberry instead of having to rely on a computer connection which may not exists. Also, the less I take, the better.

1 comment:

  1. John, I really admire and salute your courage and commitment. I wish to participate in your initiative. I am keenly interested.

    Abayomi Karunwi

    ReplyDelete