Thursday, September 16, 2010

Received Word

Finally received the phone call from the organizers of the trip. I will be going sometime during the month of November. They should be sending me a packet of information regarding shots and what is recommended to take over there and what will be supplied.

It sounds like I will be in a vary remote area of the country. They are not sure if we will be staying in a "hotel" which is a couple hours drive from the villages we will be working in, which would mean a daily commute, or if we will be put up in a remote camp. I would prefer the remote camp instead of four hours of commuting everyday.

Up until today there was a slight chance that I wouldn't be going. I guess there still is that chance, but it is unlikely that I wouldn't go now. Oh, I received my passport a couple days ago. The expedited option cost quite a bit more, but they sure turned it around quickly. I think it took them about ten days to process it.

Still very excited about all this...

No comments:

Post a Comment